Thursday, October 9, 2008

Zeros Over Tokyo

That's our band. ^_^

And these are our songs.
Listen to 'em please! (But please don't mind the low quality of the recording... I just used a videocam to record these haha).

Recorded at Love One Another Studios.

Title: No Matter
First song we put together as a band. Meng's composition before he had to leave. Miss ka na namin boy! Lyrics by Lara.

No Matter - Zeros Over Tokyo


Lyrics by: Lara Lardizabal

Unsteady hands
fumbling to hold mine
I clutch at it afraid,
afraid of losing your grip

Chorus:
Afraid of losing your grip, your grip..
but your hands still fall
I'll reach for it no matter

Eyes forming pools
you're full to the brim
of people pulling you down
you're already drowning

2nd Chorus:
You're already drowning
You're drowning
but I'll drown with you
I'll drown with you no matter

Bridge:
Mist from your lips
put your mouth over mine
fill me with what poison
you've been full of since

3rd Chorus
And through this
may life shine again in your eyes
even as they dim in mine
no matter, no matter



Title: Disappear
First collaborative effort ng band. This is how we knew that we 'gelled' so well... I just started hitting a few notes, instrument by instrument we started filing in, and then Lara started singing from her song book... new song was born!

Disappear -
Zeroes Over Tokyo

Disappear

Is this all there is?
Nothing to look forward to,
nothing beneath the surface
but hazy empty clouds
leading only god knows where

Chorus:
I'm done, I'm done
done finding, done fighting
I'm done, I'm done
done trying, done dying

Is there nothing to see
nothing to hear, nowhere to turn to
for someone to just find me
Is this all I/we ever can be?

(chorus 2x)

Tell me what is it in me?
Is there anything to see
cause I can't feel anything real,
can I just completely disappear.

(chorus 2x)

Title: Brand New

Second collaborative effort. Same as Disappear, only it wasn't me that started the jam... Chris and Vince and then Rica's mala-Pedicab beat. Lupit talaga 'tong song na to! Haha! Kapal! Again, Lyrics ni Lara.

Brand New - Zeros Over Tokyo


Brand New

Lazy mornings wrapped in juniper blue
Cotton candy clouds and some sunshine too
Relishing waking up next to you
My head is reeling, the feeling is so...

Freesia blossoms and honeysuckle dew
perfumes the air, coloring every hue
Wanting nothing more than to cozy up with you
can't get over the feeling, it's so...

Chorus:
New.. I'm feeling new
so brand new
I'm feeling new
so brand new

Untitled as of today.

Same style as Disappear... it just happened. Music by the band. Lyrics by Lara, as usual. This is by far my most favoritestsest among our songs.

Untitled - Zeros Over Tokyo


Untitled (draft)

The tension cutting like
a chilling gust of wind
making me shiver, terrified
of what's to come next

The silence reverberates
every awkward minute..

Dreading each day
yet still looking forward
to when sheer memory
comes full circle

Forces us to the present
where there is nothing left
but the unexpected

...

18 comments:

  1. Gulo ng layout ng blog... sorry! But too lazy to fix it... still working in the office. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. PARANG GUSTO KO YUNG WALA PANG TITLE..

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomorrows hit single is playing right now yeah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I wish. Actually kapal ng mukha ko ... baka nakikinig ka pala ng ibang sounds. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why not call it "Untitled as of today"? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. di naririnig ung boses nung girl hehehe :D pero astig ^_^ parang taken by cars pero mas maganda sa inyo :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di ko nagets sinabi mo... mas maganda sila sa amin? Or yung amin mas maganda sa kanila... LOL. Suri antok na.

    Pero oo nga mahina vocals kasi nga bulokers ang video cam... tsaka naka pwesto sa tabi ng drums and amps yun cam. Hahaha!

    Next week we plan on recording via live studio recording na, so the sound should be much much much better. *cross fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally catchy name. lovesit. nax, rockstar ka na talaga igs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're playing on Oct. 23 in Gweilo's Palanca in Makati. Main band is Mike's Apartment :) Hope to see you there, man! Thanks for listening in! Hopefully we'll have better recordings next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup! Sana nga mas maganda recording lol. Let's *poke* the LoveOneAnother Studio dude for a discount. =P

    ReplyDelete