Friday, August 20, 2004

Bugs revealed: The Solution

I wrote Multiply customer care shortly after I noticed the errors on my page. Here's what they had to say:

=================================================
Aug 20, '04 8:43 AM ET
Hi Iggy,

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the summary views that we are aware of. If you have any html in your entry, we display the full entry instead of the summary so that we don't break in the middle of a tag. For a future release, we will try to work around this in a more sophisitcated way.

Paul
=================================================

And here's what I wrote in response:

=================================================
Aug 20, '04 11:22 AM ET
Wow! thanks for the promt reply! I kinda figured it was the HTML code... however some of my entries, I no longer placed HTML code, but it still showed the entire entry instead of just a teaser... Hmmm... anyway, I'll have a look-see at my page again and maybe try and work around it.

In the meantime, I really appreciate the prompt response and the dedication to your users! I myself work for a website here in the Philippines, and have been in and around working with users for well over 2 years... so I at least have a general idea of how tough it is for you guys to keep the site spick and span. We at YEHEY.COM are very impressed with what you've done with the site, in spite of the massive popularity of Friendster here in the Philippines!

Keep it up! And maybe in the future your company and mine may have a chance to work together! Thanks again!
=================================================

There you have it folks! HTML code in the body of your entries can do that to your page. I mean, it's a good thing they thought of that, because I too was worried that my entries' HTML codes might break at the exact part where the Journal entry get's "severed".

Glad they cleared that up! Here's hoping for a quick fix soon! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment