Wednesday, August 25, 2004

This rain's got to stop...

When it rains it pours... the weather's been so gloomy lately, it's been affecting my morale, my psyche and my wallet... (I have to take a cab to work because it's too hard to commute, especially while it's raining like heck...)

Woke up early today because I was supposed to go to work sooner... due to the fact that my PC broke down just last Tuesday and all of my work files have become inaccessible. I'm still hoping that my best bud Len has a solution for the problem, being he's such a tech-genius-slash-hardware-geek, and because he's encountered the problem before. Amazingly, he was able to recover his fils from a busted up hard disk.

But because my hard disk crashed, all the work I'd been doing has up and disappeared. My office presentations, my traffic statistics, my flash files and related multimedia, all my promo files and templates, my archives for movies, music, local stars and mobile downloads, ALL of my emails... archived and unread... basically, everything I need to work properly in the office.

Now I'm back in operation about 20%. Reformat my entire system and brought in my personal machine so that this fuck up doesn't happen again (and so I can at least have a faster PC for Counterstrike... hehehehe) and had MIS check my compatibility with the network. Still a few network bugs coming up, but basically, the programs I need are already up and running.

*Sigh* Work news can get so boring... so let me shift angles...

Found something interesting over the net though... while sifting through the rubbish at my home PC, trying to see if I can at least back up my important files at home... one of the Pinay artists in DevArt posted her fiction on the site. Was reading it and have been impressed so far. Pretty cool reading as far as being a goth fanatic and vampire wannabe. But I did get interested because she's holding some sort of contest for it... so basically, I'm researching on what to do.

The ~Noypi community over at DA also has a contest. This one on the other hand is due by the end of this month, Don't know if I'll still be able to join, but I will try. It's a cool opportunity anyway, and the theme is still pretty interesting--anything and everything related to Pinoy culture. (I tried submitting my Jolina deviation but the moderator said that even if Jolenz was a Pinoy pop icon, it still did not classify itself as a Pinoy Culture deviation... plus he said shame on me for keeping such jolog art! MWAHAHAHAHA!)

Back to work now... time to get going. Hope it stops raining long enough for me to get a cab at least. Please Lord let today be a better day... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment